The Internet is great for many reasons; you can pay your bills online, order an outfit for the weekend online and even your weekly food shop online but our favourite things about it is that you can benefit from weird and wonderful kitchen hacks that people have discovered all over the world.
Prepare to have your mind blown.
1) Laying a damp sheet of paper towel underneath your chopping board will stop it from moving when you’re chopping vegetables.
So simple but effective!
2) Placing a wooden spoon over the top of a saucepan will stop it from overflowing while boiling.
This is going to make our lives SO much easier….
3) You can check if eggs are still fresh by placing them in a bowl of water and seeing if they float.
Very handy if you keep your eggs on the fridge door!
4) Using a thick rubber band makes it easier to open stubborn jar/bottle lids as it provides extra friction.
5) Leftover fresh herbs can be frozen into cubes with olive oil and used for future dishes!
Because there’s nothing more frustrating that buying a bag of herbs only for them to go off in two days.
6) Frozen grapes can be used to chill white wine without watering it down.
Why didn’t we think of this?
7) Rubbing your fingers on stainless steel will remove the smell of garlic or onions.
8) There is a way to chop an onion without chopping your fingers too!
We shall no longer fear the words ‘finely diced’ in a recipe!