One of the true signs that the week has come to an end is curling up on the couch with a lovely takeaway. It’s one of life’s simplest pleasures but unfortunately, it’s not one of the healthiest meals of the weekend. Enter, the fakeaway! You can whip up something just as tasty at home with this tasty Mexican recipe: chicken and feta quesadillas with guacamole!
Two chicken breasts
- Heat the beans in a saucepan for ten minutes while mashing them with a spoon
- Peel the avocado and remove the stone. Chop it up, squeeze lemon juice over it and add salt.
- Add Cajun seasoning and oil to the chicken fillets. Pop them into the pan and cook on both sides.
- Mash the beans until they form a paste.
- Chop the coriander and add to the guacamole.
- Sprinkle the beans and feta cheese all over a tortilla wrap. Slice up the chicken and add with the jalapenos to the wrap.
- Pop another tortilla on top and place into the frying pan. Brown on both sides until the cheese is melted.
- Slice into triangles and serve with that yummy guacamole – enjoy!
This dish is super tasty and makes the perfect Friday night fakeaway treat! If you fancy something sweeter for an after dinner treat, be sure to check out this delicious brownie recipe.
Recipe and photos via Lovin Dublin